Please Introduce Yourself

Re-Intro:

My name is Brianna Young and I am and Inter Junkie. Okay, much more than that, I am the Owner and Defender of VirtualSolutions. My specialties are research, time management, writing, and graphic design (but not website design!!). I work from home with my beautiful baby, Lily Renee.

I play guitar, sing, write music, and I LOVE digital photography and digital photo manipulation. I consider myself a Photoshop Wiz.

I recently partnered with Tracey of Virtual Staff, Inc. to offer a VA Training Program. We're committed to the growth and success of the VA industry, and we're spreading the word to tons of potential clients.

Exciting things are happening, and life is just flippin' good! It's been great reading all the re-intros and new ones, alike.

Fondly,

Woo hoo! 25 people have already popped in and introduced themselves!

(Can you tell I have way too much time on my hands today? I'm about to go on vacation and am done with client work. :naughty:)

I'm going to be gone for a week out of internet range... when I come back I'll be looking forward to seeing who else has introduced or reintroduced themselves. If you are reading this and you haven't posted your intro yet... what are waiting for? Just hit the Add Reply button at the bottom of this post and go for it!

Re-Intro:

My name is Brianna Young and I am and Inter Junkie. Okay, much more than that, I am the Owner and Defender of VirtualSolutions. My specialties are research, time management, writing, and graphic design (but not website design!!). I work from home with my beautiful baby, Lily Renee.

I play guitar, sing, write music, and I LOVE digital photography and digital photo manipulation. I consider myself a Photoshop Wiz.

I recently partnered with Tracey of Virtual Staff, Inc. to offer a VA Training Program. We're committed to the growth and success of the VA industry, and we're spreading the word to tons of potential clients.

Exciting things are happening, and life is just flippin' good! It's been great reading all the re-intros and new ones, alike.

Fondly,

Hi, my name is Katherine and I just had to let you know-I love your website. It's funny, while listing all of your expertise. That is a pretty hard balance. I just started my business a few days (yes, days) ago, and it's very refreshing to see other VAs doing so well. Have a great day!

Thank you, Katherine! By the way, my post was supposed to read "Internet Junkie." I was typing with one hand because my daughter was in my lap. That's the way it goes when you work from home!

I was typing with one hand because my daughter was in my lap.

I really miss those days. Kids grow up way too fast...

Carol

Hello my name is Cheryl and I have just started Visions Virtual Office Support in the state of Maryland. I am still currently working full-time until I get everything off the ground but I am very excited. I specialize in secretarial support for attorneys, support for realtors and property management for individual investors.

Hello,

My name is Carole, although I spell it without the "e." Carol was already taken so I had to improvise, adding my middle initial to the end of my name. I am new to all of this but very interested in pursuing a career as a virtual assistant. I have both a bachelor's and a master's degree in journalism and have studied French and Italian, with the ability to communicate in both languages. I am working full-time until I can get my virtual assistant business up and running -- God willing. : ) I would like to eventually work from home, because I enjoy being at home. I also want the flexibility of setting my own hours.

I have three grown children, two of whom have college degrees. All three are successful in their chosen careers. When my career as a stay-at-home mom ended, I went back to school so as not to get caught up in the empty nest syndrome. It worked! I survived! My husband and I love to travel, and we have been everywhere, with our last adventure being Seoul, South Korea in May. We are headed to Italy with my son and his wife in September. It is our wedding gift to them.

I have expertise in the areas of editing, writing, and magazine layout and design. I am also a self-starter and a very organized person. I love to do research on just about any topic, because I love learning. History and politics are two of my favorite subjects. I am an avid reader and a "news junkie," getting most of my news from the Internet.

Thanks,

Carole

This post is for all those VAs who have not introduced themselves yet. Please do! Tell us who you are. It is okay if you haven't started your business yet and are just thinking about it. We still want to meet you. If you don't have a web site yet, that is okay too. If you have been reading posts here for a year and never posted anything, that's okay! But what are you waiting for?

If you have a question or some advice to offer, jump right in. You may be the one with the answer to that question.

If you are not sure where or how to start. Here is the place. Tell us your name, tell us about your business or about the business you are thinking of starting, tells us something about yourself. Just go for it! This is a supportive group.

:welcome:

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie, I did introduce myself before but will do so again since everyone else is joining in :thumbup:

I live in upstate New York on Lake Ontario about 30 minutes east of Rochester. Single mom to two teenagers that keep me extremely busy. I also work full time at the moment as an Office Manager for a dental office. I plan on opening and working my business parttime until the Doctor retires, which looks as if it could be any day now :blink:

I've been doing alot of researching, training and reading on the VA industry and am working towards opening those doors. I have just recently registered gemsvirtualoffice.com as my domain name after deciding on the business name Gem's Virtual Office...tag line......let our brilliance assist you!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and joining in more in the forum, you have all been providing some great information!!!! Thanks

Well this seems like the place to start.

Hi! I'm Kitty and just registered today but have been spending a lot of time perusing the various topics and articles here. I've already found some wonderful information and I hope to be able to put it to good use.

Currently I am working full-time and getting ready to leap head-long into the world of being a VA. My stress level has gotten out of control at my current office job so I'm leaving in two and a half weeks to do temp work while building a client base for my home business.

I would love to say I have lots of degrees and certificates, but unfortunately I do not. I did electronics assembly for 5 years before moving into technical support and programming for the same company for another 3 but they went out of business when the market crashed in the 90s. Since then I've done mostly office work with a brief period of time in Law Enforcement. Most of my experience on various programs comes from being self-taught at home.

I've decided to call my company Howard Business Assistants because I intend to try to tap into local businesses but the area of the country I live in I don't think the term Virtual Assistant would be understood correctly. Its still an emerging industry and in this area it hasn't really been seen. I don't have a website yet. I've got site-building and brochure/business card design slated for this weekend. Its been a while since I built a website so this will be an interesting test to see if I can still do it. :)

While I intend to offer typing, copy-editing, transcription and the like, what I really want to get into eventually is graphic design. I have a few skills with Flash and Photoshop (which together with a Wacom is a digital artist's candy!) and I would love to be able to combine my creative side with work. Do what you love, right? :)

Well... It seems I've talked quite a bit now. Perhaps I should have just said "Hello!". I am looking forward to reading through more of the site and reading the wonderful information contained here.

Kitty

Welcome Carol without and "e", Deb and Kitty! Thanks for introducing yourselves! Looking forward to getting to know you better and watching your business grow.

Well I am glad to introduce myself. My name is Krissti I am from Wisconsin and I have been in business for 2years, but agressively for 6 months. I am looking for help in marketing and becomeing full-time so I can be at home more often so these are some goal that I am working towards. I have been married almost 8 years Ihave three kids two boys (4 & 6) and one girl (1 1/2). I really want my own business so I am starting to work hard tow :angel_not: ards it.

This post is for all those VAs who have not introduced themselves yet. Please do! Tell us who you are. It is okay if you haven't started your business yet and are just thinking about it. We still want to meet you. If you don't have a web site yet, that is okay too. If you have been reading posts here for a year and never posted anything, that's okay! But what are you waiting for?

If you have a question or some advice to offer, jump right in. You may be the one with the answer to that question.

If you are not sure where or how to start. Here is the place. Tell us your name, tell us about your business or about the business you are thinking of starting, tells us something about yourself. Just go for it! This is a supportive group.

Guest Dcobb

Hi,

My name is Dana Cobb. My first post was a question as to whether I could be a VA since I didn’t have 20 years of experience. I had a lot of great responses. It was so encouraging that I jumped right into doing research. I’m still trying to learn about my potential target market. I also had Jennifer Gniadecki, The Atypical VA, suggest something I had never even thought about! So I am doing research on that too! I feel I have a long way to go before I’m ready to open my own business but hopefully soon.

Anyway, I am a stay-at-home mom with a 3-year-old son. I’ve been married 10 years and we live in Georgia, outside of Atlanta. I love to bake and eat sweets, so I really need to use the treadmill more often. Still trying to figure out how to use it and do research on the web at the same time…

I really love VANA and plan to post anything helpful I find for all of the other newbies. I hope you will do the same. For instance, I just found out what SEO means, Search Engine Optimization. Clearly my learning curve is *huge*!

Hey Dana,

We all have a lot to learn and that's why we are all members of this great forum.