Sign in to follow this  
Paula F

The SoCal VA Group

You are officially invited to join the newly renamed SoCal VA Group (formerly known as SoCal VAs)!

My name is Paula Farthing, owner of Admin At Your Service, and recent leader of the group we called SoCal VAs. I would also like to introduce Janice Dillard, a practicing Virtual Assistant and owner of Office Details in San Diego, California. I have been collaborating for the past several weeks with Janice on the new vision for the SoCal VA Group. We are currently in the process of creating and organizing this official Virtual Assistant trade group, which will serve the Southern California region. The purpose of the SoCal VA Group is to provide a local support network for established and aspiring virtual assistants and to educate the local business community. We believe that Southern California holds great potential for virtual assistants and we are dedicated to increasing public awareness of what a virtual assistant or “VA” does.

We are currently working on creating a logo, Web site, and developing valuable resources for the SoCal VA Group. We have already set up a Yahoo Discussion Group and the Web site will include informative resources, articles, links, member directory, a listing of local networking events, and more as our group grows. We are also in the process of determining a date and time for monthly Meet & Greet sessions. Each Meet & Greet will have a pre-determined discussion topic, which members will have the opportunity to vote on. There will also be future opportunities for members to contribute by volunteering their time to the SoCal VA Group. We will need volunteers to take meeting minutes at Meet & Greet sessions, contribute articles, assist in organizing local events, write press releases, and do local searches for new events.

Participation in the SoCal VA Group is an incredible opportunity to learn from experienced VAs, share your knowledge, and network locally with other VAs. We are happy to have you join us and hope you will participate and contribute to our group.

If you wish to join the SoCal VA Group, please send an email to paula @ socalvagroup.org with the subject “sign me up.” You will then receive an invitation to participate in the SoCal VA Yahoo Discussion Group. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Paula with those as well.

We look forward to seeing you online and at our next Meet & Greet session!

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Paula Farthing & Janice Dillard

Founding Members

Thanks Patty! Yes, we have been really busy! It is a lot of work to take on organizing a group like this, but Janice and I both feel very strongly that this is really needed. It took me a little while, but I have come to understand how important it is to educate the business community on what we do. I also get a lot of personal satisfaction from helping others achieve success in their business so I am looking forward to helping the new VAs in the area too.

Can I be an honorary member and drop in when I am visiting So. Cal...

Congratulations! Sounds fun!

Guest vefficience

Paula, I would be interested in joining the group. I'm located in Riverside, CA.

-Esha@virtualefficience.com

Sorry Esha - I missed this post as I just came across it now. I will be in contact at the email address that you provided. Our next meeting is on December 15th in Carlsbad at Claim Jumper. I'll provide details in my email to you.

Hope you can join us!

You are officially invited to join the newly renamed SoCal VA Group (formerly known as SoCal VAs)!

My name is Paula Farthing, owner of Admin At Your Service, and recent leader of the group we called SoCal VAs. I would also like to introduce Janice Dillard, a practicing Virtual Assistant and owner of Office Details in San Diego, California. I have been collaborating for the past several weeks with Janice on the new vision for the SoCal VA Group. We are currently in the process of creating and organizing this official Virtual Assistant trade group, which will serve the Southern California region. The purpose of the SoCal VA Group is to provide a local support network for established and aspiring virtual assistants and to educate the local business community. We believe that Southern California holds great potential for virtual assistants and we are dedicated to increasing public awareness of what a virtual assistant or “VA” does.

We are currently working on creating a logo, Web site, and developing valuable resources for the SoCal VA Group. We have already set up a Yahoo Discussion Group and the Web site will include informative resources, articles, links, member directory, a listing of local networking events, and more as our group grows. We are also in the process of determining a date and time for monthly Meet & Greet sessions. Each Meet & Greet will have a pre-determined discussion topic, which members will have the opportunity to vote on. There will also be future opportunities for members to contribute by volunteering their time to the SoCal VA Group. We will need volunteers to take meeting minutes at Meet & Greet sessions, contribute articles, assist in organizing local events, write press releases, and do local searches for new events.

Participation in the SoCal VA Group is an incredible opportunity to learn from experienced VAs, share your knowledge, and network locally with other VAs. We are happy to have you join us and hope you will participate and contribute to our group.

If you wish to join the SoCal VA Group, please send an email to paula @ socalvagroup.org with the subject “sign me up.” You will then receive an invitation to participate in the SoCal VA Yahoo Discussion Group. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Paula with those as well.

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Founding Members

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Founding Members

Paula,

I would be interested in joining your group. I live in the Palm Springs area. Are your meetings usually held in the same place?

Linda Carmi

It's About YOUR Time

Guest Denap

Hello,

Did this networking group ever take off? I see that last post was December 2007?

I look forward to hearing back from you . . . B)

Dena Peters

Dena's Tools and Tips

www.denastoolsandtips.com

denastoolsandtips@verizon.net

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Founding Members

Paula,

I would be interested in joining your group. I live in the Palm Springs area. Are your meetings usually held in the same place?

Linda Carmi

It's About YOUR Time

Hi, Paula!

I just signed up for the forum at VA Networking and came across this announcement from Sept. I'm in Foothill Ranch/Lake Forest and would like to be notified of SoCal news and meetings!

Hope to hear from you!

Carol Brusegar

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Founding Members

Hi Carol,

Please send me an email to paula at socalvagroup dot org and I'll send you an email with the details. Our next meeting is January 10, 2009 in Irvine.

Hope to meet you soon!

Hi, Paula!

I just signed up for the forum at VA Networking and came across this announcement from Sept. I'm in Foothill Ranch/Lake Forest and would like to be notified of SoCal news and meetings!

Hope to hear from you!

Carol Brusegar

Virtually yours,

The SoCal VA Group

Founding Members

Hi there! My name is Nina Firooz, and I'm a new VA. I'm located in Los Angeles, and would love to be apart of this! My email is nina.firooz@gmail.com, if there's a newsletter or anything, feel free to sign me up!