He wants me to add a Title to each page, i.e., in the IE bar along the top? Any suggestions?

You'll need to open the files using an html editor, or you can use a text editor like Notepad. Near the top of the page, you'll see the opening and closing <head> tags. In between those tags, you'll place your titles, using the title tag, like so:

<html>
<head>
<title>Your new page title here</title>
...Other head stuff...
</head>
<body>
...Body stuff...
</body>
</html>

Save the page (if you use Notepad, be sure to save it with an .html extension) and ftp up to the server.

Thank you!! One question - how do I get the page(s) that are uploaded now into Notepad to edit the pages? Does it make any difference that these are Front Page created pages?

Thank you!! One question - how do I get the page(s) that are uploaded now into Notepad to edit the pages? Does it make any difference that these are Front Page created pages?

Sorry, I only just saw this question!

If the files are currently on the server, you should use your ftp client to download them to your local hard drive. It's always a good idea to download from the server first if you're working on a site that more than one person may be making changes to -- that way you can always be certain that you are working with the most current version of the file.

Navigate to the file on your hard drive and right click on it. You should see an option for "Open With." Highlight that, and as long as Notepad is installed on your computer, you should be able to select it there and open the file. Make sure when you save it again that you save it with an .html or .htm extension and not .txt

If that doesn't work, open Notepad. Select File > Open. Browse to the location where you saved the website file. In the "Files of Type" dropdown selection box, choose All Files. Select your website file and click Open.

Let me know if that doesn't help!

Ann,

Bless you. Hey, I had the same problem. I was going to use FrontPage with extensions, but I was so confused about what an FTP was and which one to use to upload to GoDaddy.

I tried to upload using dial-up and an AOL Browser. I screwed it up and called GoDaddy. The technical staff was wonderful about helping me cancel the hosting. Boy, did I feel ashamed and dumb. So much so that I couldn't even share this on the forum. I am really terrible about asking for help. I know I need to change that.

Since then, I have gotten high-speed Internet and switched my browser to IE. At my former job, I wrote and updated the web site, but it sure is a whole different ball game doing it from scratch. There is a lot of information and a lot more to do.

My goal this week is to finish my web site. I know nothing about design, but wanted to learn. I did give up on FrontPage with extensions and found a wysiwyg program (Xara). This allowed me to take my logo and most of the pictures and designs and use them.

I plan on using my Windows FTP client which is found in My Network Places on the start button. I will upload this to my GoDaddy hosting account. I am almost finished, but I guess the lesson that I learned is it is better to ask for help. It does save an awful lot of time and energy--not to mention extra work.

Hopefully, this time all will go well with my web site launch. I am anticipating August 1 as the launch date. However, if all doesn't go well, I AM GOING TO ASK FOR HELP. Can I, hugh? Can I, hugh?

I know there are some great, smart, helpful people on this forum. I just fell out of touch. Leanne is a wealth of knowledge. I speak from experience. I am sure Carol and Kim are too. I just haven't interracted with them.

So, please if you are a DORK (and you are NOT) then I must be a SUPER DORK. :lol:

Leisa

Edited by Leisa