Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAmama

What's Enough Training to get Started?

Guest VAmama

Hello everyone,

I am researching starting a VA business within the next 2-3 months I hope to have everything up and running. I would like to specialize as a Real Estate VA. I plan to get real estate specific traning through www.professional-assistant.com or www.ireaa.com or perhaps both. I am wondering if I have basic offic skills, I'm familiar with computers, basic programs. I've worked as an office assistant before but that was several years ago. Will my basic office traning combined with the real estate VA traning be enough to start my business? I am familiar with several office programs, word, excel, adobe, but am not trained or an expert in any of them. Should I seek further classes/training in these or other office programs before starting even if I've completed the Real Estate VA traning? Sorry this is so long. I'm just trying to figure out the steps I need to take to get things going. I ran a business before from home so I am mainly trying to brush up on programs and real estate traning that will enable me to get started. I also took a realtor class a few years back so hopefully some of the terminology will come back to me. Also (last question I promise) I was wondering what is the starting rate Real Estate Va's are charging? I've read that when you specialize in a niche you usually gety paid more. Can people give me examples or a link to where this may have already been given out on the forum. I know people charge differently but I would like some examples if possible. Thankx. :thumbup:

"I would like to specialize as a Real Estate VA. I plan to get real estate specific traning through www.professional-assistant.com or www.ireaa.com or perhaps both. "

Sorry, I didn't see your name. I just finished online transaction management training with Carolyn Nelson and will begin Listing Coordination tomorrow, she was incredible. The NAR certification is good to have but, I don't think it's as thorough as Carolyn, I'll be doing that in the near future. As far as IREAA, I haven't done their training so I can't comment. Carolyn's website is www.onlinerepa.com and the training center is www.revacoach.com if your interested.

Wenda

Around The Clock Solutions

Aroundtheclockva@comcast.net

Wenda,

What organization is Carolyn Nelson with? I am doing the NAR course right now. Thanks for your help.

Sue

Word Processing Plus

Thank you Wenda and Julie, the Cheerleader! :thumbup:

Basic office skills is a plus. However, how much do you know about real estate practices and agent expectations? Most, if not all agents expect us to be experts in the services we offer. It's rare to come across an agent willing to train, especially with the current status of the market. Most agents want us to be ready and at the starting line. No delays and/or lack of experience. The agents are becoming more demanding. Some are even going as far as expecting us to know more than what they know. Sometimes it is possible. However, as unlicensed assistants, we have to use caution to ensure that we do not cross the line. I have also noticed an increase in inquiries made by the Real Estate Commission of several states along with real estate agents being fined as a result of their lack of knowledge and tasks performed by unlicensed assistants. Knowledge of the law is also placed on us.

So, is it enough to have basic admin and clerical skills? In my opinion, NO. First take the NAR Certified REPA course and earn the certification. It will give you a starting point regarding the laws of the real estate assistant and what is expected. Any and all training obtained after or during your NAR REPA Certification should compliment and enhance your knowledge of the industry, expectations, skills, and how your market your business.

Regards,