xpress assistant

"Quick Blog" from GoDaddy

In doing my blog research, I've decided that I'd like my blog to be hosted on my site (correct terminology??) I had planned to use WordPress based on VANA member recommendations but found that I can do so only with a Linux server. (again - terminology??) Anyway, I don't really know what that means and I'm happy with what I've got. I found that GoDaddy offers "Quick Blog" and I'm hoping someone here can give me some feedback on the service. How flexible is it? Can I customize? How are the features? In addition, if there are any others besides Wordpress you can recommend that work with GoDaddy, please let me know.

Thank you!

I use GoDaddy's QuickBlog and I have had no problems. The templates are fairly customizable and very easy to work with. Here is a link to my blog...http://blog.virtualbusinesspartners.net/. I would happy to talk with you more about it if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

You could use Blogger and just publish to your website. You could customize the template to exactly match your site, and you wouldn't have the advertising bar at the top.

Thanks all for your advice! I've decided on Blogger and I am PAINSTAKINGLY attempting to customize one of the classic templates. I found some awesome newer templates but it seems that if you want to host the blog on your site, the gobs and gobs (though not as many 'gobs' as Wordpress) of templates available for download outside of blogger won't work. AND the apparently easy layout editor that comes with the new blogger isn't available either. So I'm attempting to recall my html coding and furiously searching the web every five minutes! I had to take break :wacko:

I wanted to attach blogs to my Windows/FP websites. I used WordPress.com blogs.

I've used Blogger all along, but I wasn't happy with the way the account works. Either I have to completely have a separate account/email for each blog or the readers see the same profile, etc. Sometimes that doesn't matter, but with mine, it did. There is also a little more flexiblity with pictures at WordPress.

I can have all my WordPress.com blogs in the same account (one ID and one password) but I can have different about pages for each identity. They have some pretty reasonable templates.

http://barjdcommunications.wordpress.com

http://legacygardens.wordpress.com

I could transfer all the posts from Blogger to WordPress.

Guest Ink Think
Thanks all for your advice! I've decided on Blogger and I am PAINSTAKINGLY attempting to customize one of the classic templates. I found some awesome newer templates but it seems that if you want to host the blog on your site, the gobs and gobs (though not as many 'gobs' as Wordpress) of templates available for download outside of blogger won't work. AND the apparently easy layout editor that comes with the new blogger isn't available either.

One thing you might want to try...

Disable the ftp publishing (act like you are going to publish it on Blogger) and make it private, so you can work on it without it being "out there". Then use the "easy" editor and tweak it the way you want it. Then cut and paste the code into a text file, change your settings back to ftp, and paste the code in. You probably still won't be able to use the newer templates, but this may give you a little more wiggle room.

Of course, my html is a bit weak, so I am all about shortcuts... lol.

Good luck!