Ok guys, I don't know if this works, but here's a link to one of my pages in my new web. Tell me what you think?? I'm still tweaking the colors, expecially on the scroll bar!

If this link doesn't work....how can I show you guys???

Thanx

kimmer :D

C:\Documents and Settings\Kim\My Documents\My Webs2\index.htm

Edited by kimmer

Hi Kimmer:

This link is not going to work because it is on your hard drive. You will need to publish the page or the website to your actual site on the Internet for us to be able to take a look. The link will have to start with http://www

Kim,

Who do you use for your internet connection? If you use shaw or telus, bell, etc....then you should have some free server space (usually about 5 megs) where you could upload your website in a testing format.

However, you will need to access your control panel (or file manager that comes with your IP). Or another option is to FTP it directly up using Frontpage (I believe this is what you were building your site in wasn't it?)

Tawnya

vainsiders.jpg

Aahhh, your right Tawnya!!

I just have to find the access page..It's somewhere here! :whistlin:

I'll let ya guys know!

kimmer.

Thanx Dale!

I just gotta get the "Tech" stuff under me belt!!! :ninja:

I'll tell ya all now....my new website is a little on the unconvential side! Well, somewhat! Especially my about Company page.

You'll see. soon! I haven't had time today to work on it!!....(Tradeshow taking all my attention)!!

Tradeshow Sidenote: You should see what I have planned....I'm bringing my little stand up bar (it's small), but on the bar, I will have my blender and one of my girls mixing up.....Virtual Margarita's (virgin of course)lol. She'll be whipping them up and passing them out in colorful little paper cups!!! :thumbup:

:bubbly:

kimmer. :D

Edited by kimmer

Kimmer,

Can't wait to hear about this trade show. With all of your ideas business will be booming afterwards! :yay:

Meredith,

That is my goal!!! For this Tradeshow to really get my business moving! I've been training my second oldest daughter to step in and work with me when I need it!! So hopefully this Tradeshow will give me the opportunity to bring her in!! :wub:

kimmer. :D

What you need to do Kimmer is have your beau bring in a camcorder and video this great event for about two or three minutes. We need to see you in action! :)

I'll see if I can track one down! I don't have one myself, but maybe I can borrow one.

I will surely be taking lots-o-pics though!!

kimmer :D

Ok, I "think" my new website is finished!!!

1. I've proof read about a zillion times and had it proofed by someone else also!

2. All my pages load pretty quick.

3. I did all my titles.

4. I "think" lol, I have all my meta tags and Alt tags under control! Took a toot on tags.

5. I just have to figure out FTPing.

I've gotten a few good recomendations on good "cheap" hosting and domain names. I think I will go with Go-daddy or www.namecheap.com for a domain name and www.shieldhost.com for hosting ( all I need to know is if they have frontpage extensions, right?? and I shouldn't go with someone where you have to pay for a year in advance right??). ( I don't have an extra penny to my name! with all the $$$ I've spent on the Tradeshow, gonna see if Mom will lend me her credit card!!!)

Another tip I keep getting is that you should not use the same company for both domain name and hosting?? Has anyone else been told this??

God...I can't wait to get this first web under my belt!!! :forkoff:

A frazzled kimmer :wacko: