All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I am so glad to be here. I've been wanting to start my own virtual business for years but fear, insecurity and my own thoughts kept me from achieving it. I was listening to a speech the other day and the speaker spoke about 'sometimes you just have to have faith and jump, jump with everything you have. What do you have to lose?' Then he may a statement that really had an impact, 'before we die, jump, do not have regrets.' I look back over my life and I have always lived every day to the fullest, my only regret was putting my dream of starting my business on the back burner and not taking a chance. But I am now and I've never been more excited. I started out during high school going half a day to school and working at the Mental Health and Mental Retardation Center. I was 16 when I started there. I worked in that field for 20 years and then I switched over to non-profit businesses. I started as a Clerk and worked hard, I graduated high school at 17 and was hired on full time at the center. When I moved to Houston, I worked for a start-up company for almost 4 years but was laid off. I always went through a temp office and was called and asked if I were interested in a job that started the next day and I have been there ever since. It was for an oil and gas company. Besides working I do a lot of learning. I find courses online and take the course. Besides general admin services, I know Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom; I know bookkeeping using QuickBooks; I know all of the office programs including Access, although Excel is my favorite. I know medical transcription, proofreading and I've created several websites for friends. I know how to keep someone perfectly organized, do research and I'm learning how to manage Facebook and Instagram. The only thing I personally do not feel I do well is writing. When I need to write a professional letter or email, I have to slowly think about what it is I need to say and I end up changing it several times before I'm satisfied. As I said, I am now starting my VA business, The Digitized Desk. I've started working on my website but I'm having trouble in regards to pricing and packages. On a personal note, I don't like to sit still for very long, in fact, I think the standing desk was an awesome invention. I love to do crafts with my nieces and nephews and grandkids (by x-husband, but luckily I am allowed to still be involved in their lives). I have one son who just turned 24 at the end of March. When I get everything going, my plan is travel and see everything that I possible can. :-) Thank you for listening to me. Catherine
  3. Yesterday
  4. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
  5. Last week
  6. Hi Twyla, welcome to VAnetworking! Did you get a chance to check out the resources that Tawnya mentioned?
  7. Hi Karleen, welcome to VAnetworking! I think this is a great time to start up your business. A lot of us have extra time right now since we are quarantined and you can dedicate your home time working on your business instead of watching endless shows on Netflix lol. I think this is going to change the industry as more businesses realize that they can outsource to remote workers and be successful.
  8. Hi Mercken, welcome to VAnetworking! This post explains the basis of starting up: https://www.vanetworking.com/become-a-virtual-assistant/
  9. Earlier
  10. Hello fellow V A’s Prior to the world pandemic crisis that we find ourselves in I had been diligently working on beginning my own VA business, with plans to be up and running by May 1. As we all know, during the past 2 to 3 weeks the world has changed drastically… I am curious if you feel that this is a good time (could be great), or a very bad time (could be horrendous)to be launching my own VA business... and why..? I am really struggling and would value your opinions. Thank you, Karleen
  11. Hello and welcome! Glad to read your post here. Enjoy .............
  12. Great first post. Glad to read yourpost here. Welcome to the community. I hope you'll enjoy it.
  13. Guys, I"m a newbie here. I would like to say hello to all of you guys. I hope everyone here is doing well so far. Thank you!
  14. That doesn't show up for me. Your signature isn't showing
  15. Hi Myles, I am a new VA as well, nice to mee you. Have you gotten your first client yet?
  16. Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself My name is Sarah and I am a freelance virtual assistant that specializes in helping startups get started! Though my background is in management, I have been working as a remote executive assistant for the last two years helping launch several eco-friendly and community-focused businesses. It was such a wonderful experience that I decided to branch off on my own and help entrepreneurs head down the path to success.
  17. Every business is being hit right now but people all still have needs and if you can find that solution for them, it can be a golden opportunity for you. What are real estate agents biggest problem right now is it marketing, showing homes, or what? If it's showing homes (people don't want to let strangers in their houses right now touching things, etc) then maybe you can come up with a solution like hiring a videographer to go in and do open house videos for realtors from the eyes of a person wanting to buy a house (looking in closets, opening cupboards, looking at areas of the house not normally shown in the pictures online for example). My point being, think out of the box of how you can fix realtors problems right now they are having with covid and find solutions for them. ie) Offer packages to help them put together open house videos LOL
  18. I am still looking for Real Estate clients but due to covid-19 I know the real estate industry has been hit hard so do you guys have any pointers?
  19. Mission statements can also serve as part or all of our "elevator speech." I like yours, Shawn. When someone asks what you do, you can easily say, "I provide dedicated support for business owners in various aspects of their operations. With integrity, I provide attention to detail through communication and collaboration." Best wishes to you!
  20. I'm looking forward to seeing you make this happen and will be cheering you every step of the way. Any questions, just ask!
  21. Great mission statement! I wouldn't worry too much about having one, I've never won a client because of mine. In the olden days it was important to have one as we needed content for our website. Nowadays people just want to know you can get the job done for them within the time they want it done. Mission and vision statements are really just for our own egos. I don't even teach this to new VAs anymore as there are more important things to concentrate on like building your list. Plus, I've noticed over the years that many new VAs get stuck on this task of creating their mission and vision statements. They get hung up on this and then give up on starting their business. Again great mission statement and now you can check that off your startup list and move on to getting yourself booked out with a full client base.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.