All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Heyya Tammy! Welcome and so excited to have you part of my VAinsiders. Already enjoying your contributions at our group coaching sessions and thank you! You have such an interesting background and such an entrepreneurial spirit! Good to know someone who thinks #s are sexy as you'll be a big asset to the forum here with your bookkeeping knowledge. Loved hearing a bit of your personal side. I've never made my own wine yet with YET being the key word there. Looking forward to getting to know you here this year and watching your business takeoff!
  3. Hi Marit and welcome! So looking forward to connecting with you again through my VAinsiders. Hopefully you can attend some of our workshops during the month.
  4. Hiya and welcome to our network! Looking forward to getting to know you more through your participation here
  5. Most clients I've talked to don't want to see a long laundry list of services you can do for them. It is not only overwhelming reading through the long list, but time consuming and doesn't help the client's decision making process to hire you. Continue reading buttons are seldom clicked on according to web usability statistics. What does help them decide is a paragraph on how you can help them with their bookkeeping or social media marketing. What problem of theirs can you solve with your services? Shorter is better. Get to the point of what your services can do for the client and that's all you need.
  6. Hi Aggie! Looking forward to getting to know you through your participation here. I see you joined VAinsiders too...you will love it!
  7. VAinsiders.com and VirtualAssistantCareer.com members may add a logo to their signature. Here's video to show you how to add your logo and link it to your website. Dimensions: Up to 400 pixels wide X 60 pixels tall NOTE: Free members don't get a signature.
  8. I thought I'd put together a Friday FOMO post each week to keep you in the loop of what you may have missed. I know for me the fear of missing out is a strong one with so many emails each day as I often miss out! Where's its exercise, planning, education or reading you were interested in, we had it all this past week... 1. Abby Malmstroms's FREE New Year New Rear fitness training program is still available and you can jump on this exercise program here. 2. Freelance University has opened its doors for theIR January intake. Over 80 specialized courses designed to expand your skills and maximize your income potential in 2020. Learn more by clicking here 3. CoachGlue Planners are all on sale. This is done-for-you content that you can use to learn from or rebrand it and give away to grow your list or even sell as a product! Honestly, putting out incredibly high-quality content to please your audience has never been easier! SAVE $27 on any planner using my coupon code: 2020 Check out the planner selection right here 4. My Coach, Kelly McCausey is retiring a bunch of her products, many of which have helped me move forward in my business this past year. Get 75% OFF using my coupon code: RETIRE2020 You can see all the done-for-you packages by clicking here Here are just a few of the topics you'll find: Goal Setting Productivity Hacks Inspirational Coloring Pages Bundle Love Coloring Pages Bundle Personal Branding: Let Your Audience Get to Know You Self-Limiting Beliefs: Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life! Master A Mighty Money Mindset Build Your Tribe: Sound Strategies for Building a Thriving Community Copy & Paste File: Customer Appreciation Expressions Small Acts Of Self Care For A Happier You Reducing The Impact Of Stress 100 Blogging Questions 100 Social Media Questions Chrome Extensions Save Time & Make You Smile Video Scripts: Engaging Community on Facebook Video Scripts: Promoting Products Video Scripts: List Building Basics & Beyond 5. We also got a couple of new blog posts you can check out here: Setting Goals and Sticking to Them with Positive Self-Talk and New Year, New Rear! AND, that's all you've missed the past week.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Hello my name is Agnes Kivata from Nairobi, Kenya. I am new to the VA world and am looking to explore and create a "work-from-anywhere and be my own-boss" business. Along with my education and training background, I bring forth 2+ years of professional experience, good work ethic, and commitment to excellence. I have a strong Psychology, Human Resource and Administration background. I am excited about this new venture and looking forward to connect, learn, grow and create great relationships with clients and other Virtual Assistants. I am looking for as much help as I can get to kick-off my business.
  11. Last week
  12. Hello AMichele1 Let’s get one thing clear before we proceed. Starting a VA business is NOT everyone’s cup of tea. There are certain professional requirements that you need to have to make you venture a success.When we enter the virtual realm, the very first requirement is a good computer and high-speed internet connection. Second, you don’t necessarily need to be certified in some software but yes, you do need to know how to use the accounting software you are actually going to use. So yes, we can say that you need to have a know-how of how things work. Quickbooks Online can be a significant addition to your startup business. It helps keep the startup costs low. A lot of businesses and startups are using it and have witnessed positive results.If you are consider outsourcing the accounting systems over to other bookkeepers, you’ll just be amediator and it might become a bit difficult to meet tight schedules. Still, do not resist going out and getting to know the diversity in process.
  13. Hello, First of all Happy New Years Everyone!! Secondly, I wanted some opinions about service descriptions; When writing service descriptions should I write the whole thing no matter the length or should I make them all the same length and have a Continue Reading button that brings up a pop up with the full description? I was thinking more so having a continue reading button that way it looks more professional and nicer. But I wold lie other virtual assistants opinions Thank you guys! I absolutely love being a part of this community/forum and am able to talk to fellow VAs
  14. Earlier
  15. Tawnya you are just AWESOME!!! I can't believe it, but you just really nailed it. Thanks for all the GREAT ideas. You have definitely solved a problem for me which I've had for many years. I sooooo! appreciate the help! Janice
  16. Hi Judy, welcome to VAnetworking and the VAC!
  17. Hi Tammy, welcome to the forum! I'm so happy to hear that VAVS helped give you the extra push to move forward! Sorry to her about the recent passing of your dog. Look forward to networking with you in the VAinsiders and Forum.
  18. Hi! I am Mackenzie from cascadevirtual.com and I am super excited to meet virtual assistants all over the world and learn more about this great business we share.
  19. Hello Everyone, I am re-introducing myself to the VA world here on VANetworking.com. I recently re-joined as a VAInsider. I've been in business since 2004 providing executive management and administrative services. I have been blessed with many years of success! As part of my business strategy this year, I am looking to connect, network and build on what I have already experienced to take my business to a new level.
  20. Hi! I’m Tammy, co-owner and principal provider of TASK Virtual Assistant, LLC - website: https://thetaskva.com. While this isn’t my first time starting a business, this will be my first successful business! As a kid I ran a bicycle repair shop out of our garage, and in my early teens I would type college students’ manuscripts for a nickel a page!! About 24 years ago, I began a financial and business support service, but I really didn’t have a clue what I was doing and it failed miserably. So why now? What changed? I love being an assistant and helping people, and have always wanted to be my own boss, but two things held me back: financially I couldn’t take the plunge, and I lacked the confidence – especially after that first failure. Then I lost my job and was not having success with the job search (if I hear overqualified one more time I just may forget I’m a lady!! ) and then I received a letter about a state program that would give me the training I needed to start my own business, and, on the same day, my sister texted me a link to check out something about learning how to become a virtual assistant from vanetworking.com!! My decision was made. The timing was right. Time to jump out of my comfort zone and start doing something for myself…and here I am. I launched Oct. 31, 2019, and was very fortunate to have attended VAVS the week before! What I learned there actually gave me the courage and confidence to face the daunting task of breaking ties with my first client!! (Thank you Tawnya for letting me know that was ok to do!!) It really wasn’t a good match and it was better to quickly pull off that band aid! I offer an array of administrative and office support services, but my niche is Bookkeeping. I completely geek out over a spreadsheet – seriously, numbers are so sexy!! A few personal things about me: I make my own wine, and I love to sew. I designed an apron for my daughter and granddaughter and a friend said “Apron Wine”, and my label was born. I go absolutely nuts for Corgis. I lost my furbaby a few years back, but he was a character. Thought he was a cat! So it goes to reason that the cat who adopted me 3 years ago – Stumpers (our “CEO”) thinks she’s a dog!! One of my favorite sounds is the true clacking of typewriter keys. My mom gave me my first Smith Corona manual typewriter when I was 13 .I immediately fell in love with the clacking of the keys! Oh yeah, and I’m very much an introvert but working on it! I hope this wasn’t too long!! I do have issues wrapping things up. But I am very much looking forward to being a part of this community!!
  21. Hi Eryn and welcome! I raised my 3 children while I worked from home as a VA. Best decision of my life. My daughter @Danielle actually works with me as a VA now too. Very cool! Looking forward to getting to know you more through your participation here. If you have questions, just ask us.
  22. Hi Judy and welcome! Hope you had a fantastic holiday season. Looking forward to getting to know your more as you dig into your Virtual Assistant Career training program. I'm here if you have any questions, just ask
  23. Hi Selena and welcome to our VA Forum! Sounds like you will do awesome in this industry as you have a ton of work experience to help you kick start your business. If you have questions along the way just ask us. Very friendly bunch here
  24. Hiya and welcome! I'm looking forward to networking with you here in 2020. Cheers!
  25. Hi Alicia and welcome! Also Happy New Year! Here's hoping your find our VA forum as a new networking home for you in 2020.
  1. Load more activity
  • Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.