All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. Great post and welcome to our forum. You'll be able to use your signature to let people know about your website in the future so make sure you have it filled out and your profile too so people can find you. Please also read our rules for posting.
  5. Earlier
  6. Hi everyone! What are the pros and cons of being a freelancer? The flexibility of working from home has so many advantages. One of these advantages is working on flexible hours where you can handle your own time. Another is the benefit of traveling when you want to because in the corporate world, you are not allowed to take long leaves. Staying at Home Getting late at work because of traffic is one of the worst scenarios every employee experiences. By working at the comfort of your home, you don’t need to commute and experience traffic, it saves your time and effort in getting to work. Also, when you work at home, you don’t need to put on business suits, a pajama is just right to start the day. On the other hand, when you’re a freelancer and you’re also a mom, you tend to have lots of distractions like crying babies, household chores and any home related distractions. Also, dressing the way you dress in the office, to some it makes them ugly which leads to not confident in working. Freelancers Work Alone As a freelancer, you are the only one working in a project, but sometimes you also get to work with a team. When you’re working alone, your outputs are appreciated and it makes you eager and motivated to deliver extraordinary outputs to your clients. However, to those you can not work alone, it will be difficult for them to finish their tasks and they might not be able to deliver the task on time because of possible reasons like lack of confidence and fear that their output might not please the client. The Lack Of Social Contact If you’re thinking about jumping into freelancing, you will have freedom. When you become a freelancer, you’ll be able to go to any place, anytime, anywhere. But, when you’re in a corporate world, you can socialize more often because you see your office mates physically.
  7. That's a good idea that you want to left Wave and choose QuickBooks for your business. As compared to Wave, QuickBooks is the best accounting software and has more features then Wave. The difference between Quickbooks and Wave is given below: 1. Quickbooks offers an Android and iOS app, although Wave only offers an iOS app. 2. Wave has a free basic pricing plan for accounting and makes money on transaction fees, whereas Quickbooks always includes a monthly bookkeeping charge. 3. Quickbooks offers inventory management features, while Wave does not have inventory tracking.
  8. No, it is not true. You can easily backup your data from Quickbooks Online as well as access or perform the task at multiple locations.
  9. Hi, I suggest you use Quickbooks which is extremely good for doing receives payments and bills. QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. Here are some features of it. Cloud Accounting. Obtain your account, maintain your business, and stay arranged anytime, anywhere on your computer, mobile or tablet. Expense Tracking. Record expenses for tax time. Invoicing. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that you can send in minutes. I hope it is helpful to you.
  10. It’s FOMO Friday and here's my digest of the past week at my VA network to keep you in the loop... I read a super interesting blog post today written by my dear friend Cindy Bidar who I get to hook up with again at the end of the month at Beachpreneurs (can't wait!) that I thought I'd share with you. Cindy USED to be a Virtual Assistant then scaled her business into a money-making machine selling digital products ONLY. Yes, you heard me right, she let go of all her high paying clients and became a digital marketer. Anyhow, I'll let her tell you the story at her blog post on the off chance this idea interests you. You can also download 39 product ideas for freelancers while you are there for FREE too! I don't know about you but tax season is right around the corner. A good tip for a time when to raise your rates is right at tax time when everyone is receiving their refunds. You can easily justify raising your taxes then by blaming it on your accountant who says you need to raise your rates. Read my NEW blog post: How to Justify Raising Your Service Rates. Here are some NEW conversations happening over at my FREE #VAforum so pop over and join in: Facebook Page Engagement Marketing Tip How to Choose an Opt-in for my Target Market And for our VAinsiders.com there are NEW job postings (Admin VA, Bookkeeper, Customer Service VA, Marketing VA and Generalist VA). AND, that's all you've missed the past week. To Your Virtual $uccess, Tawnya Sutherland, Head MotiVAtor and TeaEO at VAnetworking.com
  11. Mary after talking to you during our coaching session being that you are registered already with LLC I wouldn’t worry about your personal assets being affected if you were ever sued. You are set as LLC so just ignore this guys (sounds like a marketer trying to sell you something using fear mo hearing techniques). In my 20+ years in the VA world I’ve yet to ever hear of a Virtual Assistant being sued anyhow.;)
  12. Hello, I just registered my business with the State of CT through a third party. I got a call recommending that I set up a Corporate Veil. The purpose of the is to make a legal separation between myself and my business. This protects your personal name if you ever get sued, audited or any other issues that come up. To be honest, I'm skeptical, but I wold like to know if any of you from the States have been audited or run into any legal probems & would recommend I buy this extra insurance. Actually any comments pro or con would be appreciated. Thank you. Mary
  13. I thought I'd put together a Friday FOMO post each week to keep you in the loop of what you may have missed. I know for me the fear of missing out is a strong one with so many emails each day as I often miss out! Where's its exercise, planning, education or reading you were interested in, we had it all this past week... 1. Abby Malmstroms's FREE New Year New Rear fitness training program is still available and you can jump on this exercise program here. 2. Freelance University has opened its doors for theIR January intake. Over 80 specialized courses designed to expand your skills and maximize your income potential in 2020. Learn more by clicking here 3. CoachGlue Planners are all on sale. This is done-for-you content that you can use to learn from or rebrand it and give away to grow your list or even sell as a product! Honestly, putting out incredibly high-quality content to please your audience has never been easier! SAVE $27 on any planner using my coupon code: 2020 Check out the planner selection right here 4. My Coach, Kelly McCausey is retiring a bunch of her products, many of which have helped me move forward in my business this past year. Get 75% OFF using my coupon code: RETIRE2020 You can see all the done-for-you packages by clicking here Here are just a few of the topics you'll find: Goal Setting Productivity Hacks Inspirational Coloring Pages Bundle Love Coloring Pages Bundle Personal Branding: Let Your Audience Get to Know You Self-Limiting Beliefs: Change Your Mindset, Change Your Life! Master A Mighty Money Mindset Build Your Tribe: Sound Strategies for Building a Thriving Community Copy & Paste File: Customer Appreciation Expressions Small Acts Of Self Care For A Happier You Reducing The Impact Of Stress 100 Blogging Questions 100 Social Media Questions Chrome Extensions Save Time & Make You Smile Video Scripts: Engaging Community on Facebook Video Scripts: Promoting Products Video Scripts: List Building Basics & Beyond 5. We also got a couple of new blog posts you can check out here: Setting Goals and Sticking to Them with Positive Self-Talk and New Year, New Rear! AND, that's all you've missed the past week.
  14. Hello AMichele1 Let’s get one thing clear before we proceed. Starting a VA business is NOT everyone’s cup of tea. There are certain professional requirements that you need to have to make you venture a success.When we enter the virtual realm, the very first requirement is a good computer and high-speed internet connection. Second, you don’t necessarily need to be certified in some software but yes, you do need to know how to use the accounting software you are actually going to use. So yes, we can say that you need to have a know-how of how things work. Quickbooks Online can be a significant addition to your startup business. It helps keep the startup costs low. A lot of businesses and startups are using it and have witnessed positive results.If you are consider outsourcing the accounting systems over to other bookkeepers, you’ll just be amediator and it might become a bit difficult to meet tight schedules. Still, do not resist going out and getting to know the diversity in process.
  15. I'm sorry but I have no idea for the Quickbooks. As for your second question, You can find clients by posting your offered bookeeping work i facebook groups and for sure someone would be interested and message you. Happy new year anyways.
  16. We all enjoy the Clement Clark Moore version of “˜Twas the Night Before Christmas”. I thought it would be fun to take a look at the “Week After Christmas from a Virtual Assistant’s point of view”. ˜Twas the week after Christmas, when all through my office, No printers were humming, no emails were coming; The file folders were hung in the cabinet with care, In hopes that client work would soon be there; The client files were nestled all snug in their bins, Then visions of retainer clients, spreadsheets, and to-do lists danced in; Read the full blog post here What are you up to the week after Christmas? Share in the comments below...
  17. There is a lot of advice out there about goal setting, but if it doesn’t work for you, it’s useless. Having said that, you can set up a process of setting goals that work for you if you understand the process and yourself, then put it all into action. 1. Ensure Any Goal You Set Motivates You – If you can’t get the goal itself to motivate you, try focusing on the benefits of reaching the goal instead. The important thing is that you need to find a way to gather the incentive to keep on the path toward your goals. If you need to look at small steps, do that, and if you need to dream about the big-picture goal, do that. But always keep working toward the goal in small, daily steps. 2. Learn about SMART Goal Setting – Many people simply do not know how to set goals in a way that works well. Learning about SMART goals will help. SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, (or Actionable), Realistic, and Timely. If you ensure your goals meet these criteria, it will help you meet them. Download my FREE Goals Planner here which explains SMART Goal Setting in more detail for you. 3. Put All Goals in Writing – Don’t trust yourself to think about your goals. Instead, write everything down every single time. Put them on a calendar in chronological order so that you know what you’re going to do each day to work toward your goal. 4. Create a Plan (and Follow It) – If you don’t take action on the plans that you make, you won’t be successful. That’s the simple truth. If you want to set goals that work for you, you must develop a plan of action that gets you to that goal. Without the plan, it’s not going to happen because it’s only a dream until you follow the plan. 5. Focus on What You Can Control – There are so many things in life that just aren’t controllable. If you try to take charge of those things, you’ll end up frustrated. There is only one thing you can really control, and that is yourself. 6. Understand Your Personality – It can help if you know your own personality so that you can leverage your strengths and practice skills to improve upon your weaknesses. A great way to accomplish this is to take a free personality test. This is based on the Myers Briggs Type Personality Indicator which has a long history of effectiveness. 7. Think about Short, Mid, and Long-Term Goals – Understanding the difference between these types of goals will be very helpful in goal setting. A long-term goal is something like graduating with honors; a mid-term goal would be earning a 3.8 GPA this quarter, and a short-term goal would be to get a 90 or above on your next test. 8. Always Keep Evaluating – Just because you set a goal and create the steps to reach that goal, doesn’t mean it’s going to work perfectly. The best thing to do is to evaluate every day whether you’re really moving toward your goals or not, so that you can change direction if you need to. This doesn’t mean failure on your part; it just means that you need to adjust the steps. Goal setting is a very effective way to make sure you experience the success that you want to. It works for any part of your life, whether business or personal. But first, you have to find a way to make the goals and follow your plan, in a way that works for you. Don't forget to kick start your business and sign up now to receive the Goals Planner that any service based business owner can utilize right now. Get yourself ready for more successful days ahead. Here’s what you’ll get in the planner: An inspirational quote to get you motivated each and every month Space to document your monthly goals, tasks and obstacles to keep you on track A section for you to enter your daily progress and a review section for reflection Grab it now because it is only FREE for a limited time. Wishing you a prosperous 2020 in your VA business! Share what your top 3 goals are for 2020...
  18. Virtual Assistants, Service Providers, Freelancers … Grab FREE ACCESS to 10 resources to kick start your service-based business! No matter what stage you are at with your Virtual Assistant service-based business you’ll want to JOIN our FREE VA Member Lounge today! Inside our VA Lounge you’ll find numerous resources (videos, checklists, ebooks, etc.) that you can implement this very minute to help you find more clients and grow your VA business. CLICK HERE to gain access today!
  19. My best advice for you is to work first in an accounting firm for 2 to 3 years. This at the very least could give you a good experience and by that you could choose to stay in your company or find better options.
  20. I would use whatever you are comfortable with. My Accountant tells me what I have to use and no reason you can't tell your clients that Sage is what you will be using for them. It's your business, make it work how you want it to.
  21. Thank you, yes I will be offering bookkeeping as a service. I was just wondering if anyone used sage as all I see is quick books. But you have given me some ideas for receiving the paper work
  22. I'm super excited this month as I dive into some major preparations for my next Virtual Assistant online conference #VAVS in October. This will be the 18th season I've hosted this event and every year I come up with a new idea to make it educational yet fun. Speaking of FUN...I'm putting together a SWAG BAG for each of our special attendees and I'm looking for products of interest to Virtual Assistants and freelancers. If you've ever heard of a bundle sale, it's the same idea. GO HERE TO LEARN MORE & submit your SWAG BAG bundle (Please share this email with your business colleagues to help them build their lists too!) Hosting a successful and profitable webinar can be overwhelming, trust me! But it doesn’t have to be > A BIG THANKS to my VA, Danielle who looks after the fine details to make sure my event runs smoothly without a hitch each and every season. I convinced her this year to put together a NEW training program, Proactive Webinars, to teach others to do exactly what she does for me at #VAVS. Imagine having all the training and resources at your fingertips to WOW your audience and convert them into paying clients with webinars. Danielle's step-by-step training program will give you all the knowledge and tools to set up and host profitable webinars right away. AND she is giving us a $70 coupon code, thanks so much! (What a great new service you can offer your clients!) Learn more or order here and use coupon code: VANETWORKING At the very least pop over here and grab her handy FREE fillable "Day of Webinar" Checklist that you can download right now to help relieve some of the pressure on that big webinar presentation day. Ok, back to work for me so I can get our speakers lined up so you can buy your ticket to #VAVS coming to your LIVE October 21-25th! To Your Virtual $uccess, Tawnya Sutherland, Head MotiVAtor and TeaEO at VAnetworking.com PS - Want to be a Sponsor at #VAVS in October? Apply here
  23. If you are offering bookkeeping services you may want to use Sage. My bookkeeper uses Quickbooks. There are many options out there and each bookkeeper has their own preferences. If you are just looking after your own books as a VA you might just want to use Wave as its free. Receiving receipts can be done a number of ways. They could scan them in and drop into Dropbox for you. My bookkeeper has me keep a record of all my receipts in a Google Spreadsheet. I just put date, amount, tax and what it was for and she does the rest.
  24. I am just starting out in my bookkeeping business and I have always used Sage 50 in my 9-5 job is this a good option? Can anyone tell me the best way to receive the receipts and paperwork from the client so it is not an ordeal for the client? I am thinking Drop box.
  25. QuickBooks vs Wave is the classic “you get what you pay for” The free version of Wave is great if all you need to do is track bank transactions and create a set of financial statements. If you want to bill customers, track accounts receivable, enter bills, manage accounts payable, track inventory, pay employees or link with a third party app, then you need QuickBooks or Xero. Wave is in my opinion the best free option there is for basic bookkeeping, but don’t expect to get a lot of functionality for free. For most micro businesses Wave will probably work just fine, but spend a little bit of money if you need anything beyond a basic checkbook tracker/financial reporting app. Regards, Adrian
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.