1. Do you meet regularly with a group of VA's in your area?
My answer: No, not with a 'group'. However, I subcontract for a local VA and she and the other 'local' sub try and get together for lunch every other month.
2. If yes - how often?
My answer: Every other month.
3. If yes - is it structured (set day/time/location), or is it just on a whim?
My answer: Somewhat structured - usually end of the week and end of the month at the same location during an 'extended lunch hour'.
4. If no - do you think about putting one together?
My answer: Yes, I currently have a post out to start a local VA meet-up group.
5. If you don't meet in person, do you meet either by conference call, or have a forum-type group (like a Yahoo Group)?
My answer: I'm a member of several such groups and they are all useful in different ways, however, as a virtual worker it is nice to leave my home office and connect in person.
6. What's the best thing you get out of these meetings, whether they're in person or by telephone?
My answer: I find it nice to get together in person for the social contact and so we can share 'paper', etc. Sometimes meeting in person allows the conversation to take a path it would not during written communications.
7. If there wasn't a group meeting, would you be compelled to get one together?
My answer: Maybe.
Good luck with your research Dana.